Advanced Center for Nursing & Rehabilitation
POLICY NAME: Courtyard visits with during reopening COVID-19
APPROVAL DATE: June 18, 2020
APPROVED BY: Administrator
LAST REVISION DATE: June 18, 2020
It is the policy of Advanced Center for Nursing to allow for visits between residents and loved ones with careful attention to CDC and DPH infection control guidelines. The use of outdoor spaces is not prohibited by CMS guidance and is an optimal place for residents and loved ones to be able to get together while remaining appropriately socially distanced.
Policy Interpretation and Procedure Implementation
In conjunction with recommendations from CMS, CDC and DOH, the following policy will be followed for the safe return of Visitors for our Residents.
The Facility will follow all DOH and CMS guidelines to ensure appropriate Infection Control and to minimize any transmission risk.
- Facility Criteria in conjunction with DOH mandates has been met:
- The Facility is COVID – 19 free for over 14 days, with stable staffing ratios
- The Facility attests that the NH is in full compliance with all State and Federal requirements, State Executive Orders and guidance, State reporting requirements; including COVID-19 Focus IC Survey and federally required submission of COVID-19 data to the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN).
- All of our Residents have been tested for covid-19 virus.
- All of our Staff have been tested and testing continues weekly with directives for immediate furlough for any staff members who may test positive.
- All of our Staff and Residents continue to be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID virus daily.
- All residents will be monitored daily for temperature, oxygen saturation levels and vital signs.
- The Facility has protocols to separate residents into cohorts of positive COVID – 19 cases and at this time we are COVID – 19 free. (if applicable)
- Our staff have been educated on this Policy.
- All visitation shall be suspended and the DPH notified immediately if there are any changes in our plan, i.e. positive case of COVID – 19 identified, or changes in mitigation.
- No food or drinks shall be allowed during visits.
- The patio shall have clear markings identifying the areas permitted to be seated at.
- All visitation areas shall be disinfected with an EPA approved disinfectant after each visit.
- A copy of the facility’s formal visitation plan is posted to their public website and broadcasted via email or social media to provide visitors with clear guidelines for visiting and to announce if and when visitation is paused due to an increase in the number of residents and/or staff with confirmed positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Current COVID-19 positive residents, residents with COVID-19 signs or symptoms, and residents in a 14-day quarantine or observation period are not eligible for visits.
The Following Guidelines and Criteria will be followed:
- Families and Residents have been notified of when our facility will allow visitors.
- Visiting will be allowed on a developed schedule. The current schedule will be as follows:
- Monday through Sunday, 11:00am – 5:00pm weather permitting.
To select a time families can log onto picktime.com/visits, click on Advanced Courtyard Visits, and click on Erin Braxton to schedule your time. Erin may also be contacted via phone at extension 225.
- Visitors will be restricted to 2 per resident and must be made by appointment to ensure adequate control of numbers, as we are limited to a specific number of visitors at a time (only 10% of our residents can have visitors at any given time).
- The Facility will have a designated area for visitation where social distancing can be monitored and enforced for safety. The designated location currently will be the courtyard.
- All Visitors must be screened for presence of a temperature, wear a mask at all times during their visit and practice hand hygiene on entry.
- All visitors must sign in on a Visitors Log for validation, as well as sign out for validation and security.
- Documentation of screening must be maintained onsite:
- First and last name of the visitor;
- Physical (street) address of the visitor;
- Daytime and evening telephone number;
- Date and time of visit; v. Email address, if available; and
- A notation indicating the individual cleared the screening (both temperature and questions) that does not include any individual temperatures or other individual specific information
- All visitors will be educated on our safety plan and visitation policy.
- The facility will have a PPE cart stationed on the patio during visiting hours.
- Tables will be set up at least 6 feet apart so as to ensure proper social distancing. All visitors must maintain at least 6 feet distance from the resident they are visiting and no physical contact will be allowed.
- Recreation will be responsible to arrange and set up visitor appointments and communicate with families as needed.
- If any visitor fails to adhere to the protocol, he/she/they will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.